27 October 2006

Sai-Pia

Mom was elated because she had just found a new brand of sai-pia selling in the market.

"See," she said, pushing a carton to me. "They have not been sun-dried so they are very moist and succulent."

Mom wanted me to take some to you because she said you loved sai-pia too. I eyed the dried cakes of dark brown sweets with some disgust and replied reluctantly, "Okay, I'll take some over this weekend."

Later that evening, we had had dinner at the hawker centre near my house and were strolling around the market when I spotted the familiar dark brown cakes in the plastic carton.

"Your mother-in-law says you would like this," I told you pointing to the sai-pia.

"How much is it?" you asked.

"$1.50."

No comments:

This blog is a diary originally published on Fridae, the gay asian portal. It started out as little rants about my relationship. However when some Fridae members wrote expressing sympathy towards my seemingly disastrous relationship, I realised that I had been writing only at the times when my relationship was at low points. In an attempt to record a fuller picture of my relationship, I have been recording other emotions (apart from frustrations) we have encountered.