25 October 2006

A Fake Marriage Proposal

For the want of something to talk about, I told you about the marriage proposal I received on Fridae.

Original Message
----------------
hi,nice to meet u.something need u help?
im lesbian,29 yrs old ,not pr here,from china need marriage cause my parent wish.will u/gay freind can help me solve it?im seeking seriously & hope somebody can solution with me.any news/discssion pls reply me asap& leave any hotmail add /mobile num to easy programming,thanks..
email:***_******@hotmail.com

My Reply
---------
Sorry, can't help you there. It's against my beliefs to use marriage as a convenient solution to any problem or financial gain. Call me a romantic, but I prefer to live in the idealism that marriage is a commitment made between two people who are in love.

I hope you will be able to find some other solutions to your problems.

You sniggered but did not make an alternative proposal.

No comments:

This blog is a diary originally published on Fridae, the gay asian portal. It started out as little rants about my relationship. However when some Fridae members wrote expressing sympathy towards my seemingly disastrous relationship, I realised that I had been writing only at the times when my relationship was at low points. In an attempt to record a fuller picture of my relationship, I have been recording other emotions (apart from frustrations) we have encountered.