15 October 2006

The Haze And Our Conspiracy Theory

We woke up to another hazy morning. From our window, a thick blanket lay over the shophouses and the commercial buildings, smothering the usual fresh morning air with a choking stench.

"The PSI must be over a hundred again," you said, standing by the window.

I flicked the TV remote on and read the news ticker at the bottom of the screen, "CNA says PSI reading is only 78."

"This doesn't look like 78 to me," you said. "Maybe they have to report a lower reading in case we panic."

"It does look as bad as last week," I observed, coming closer to the window to stand beside you for a while.

Our conspiracy theory disappeared into the haze almost as soon as it was conceived.

"What do you want for breakfast?" came your habitual query.

"I don't know. We decide at the hawker centre?" came my habitual answer.

1 comment:

DK said...

Well.... the PSI index is just a number. I believe in what my eyes see and what my body is feeling.

That is more important than any number shown on the top left corner of our television screen.

This blog is a diary originally published on Fridae, the gay asian portal. It started out as little rants about my relationship. However when some Fridae members wrote expressing sympathy towards my seemingly disastrous relationship, I realised that I had been writing only at the times when my relationship was at low points. In an attempt to record a fuller picture of my relationship, I have been recording other emotions (apart from frustrations) we have encountered.