21 October 2006

The Boy

The torrential rain flooded the pedestrian walkway threatening to seep into my shoes. I stepped carefully over the grating trying to avoid the streams of rain water as they drained off the path. In front, a boy alighted from his mother's vehicle and rushed into the shelter of the covered walkway, the school bag on his shoulders bobbing up and down. I quickened my steps and finally caught up with him as he entered the school gate.

Turning around, the boy acknowledged me by flashing me a bright smile.

"No PE today I guess," I said, trying to make conversation.

"Definitely," the boy answered, obviously disappointed.

"Have you shown your parents your exam papers yet?" I asked, knowing he did quite badly for a few papers.

"Only those I did well in," he replied.

"What about the other papers?"

"Monday. If I show them today, they will ground me this weekend," he explained sheepishly.

1 comment:

mister said...

why the boy?

This blog is a diary originally published on Fridae, the gay asian portal. It started out as little rants about my relationship. However when some Fridae members wrote expressing sympathy towards my seemingly disastrous relationship, I realised that I had been writing only at the times when my relationship was at low points. In an attempt to record a fuller picture of my relationship, I have been recording other emotions (apart from frustrations) we have encountered.