12 December 2006

100 RMB Notes

I picked up a pencil and started marking a little "FF" on each of the hundred RMB notes.

"The usual tactic taxi drivers may employ is simple," you explained. "When you hand them a hundred RMB note for payment, they will pretend to study it. After a while, they will claim that you have given them a counterfeit. However, in the process of returning your note to you, they will switch your real note with one of their own counterfeit ones, thereby profiting your hundred RMB."

"In such a situation, just remain calm," you continue. "Pretend to curse that you have been handed a counterfeit and take your time searching for another note to pay him with. Then, claim that you have lost your passport or identity card and get the driver to take you to the nearest police station. Report the incident to the police when you are there. It is but a simple matter for the police to search the driver and find the marked note you used for payment earlier."

I nodded and started marking the second stack of notes.

No comments:

This blog is a diary originally published on Fridae, the gay asian portal. It started out as little rants about my relationship. However when some Fridae members wrote expressing sympathy towards my seemingly disastrous relationship, I realised that I had been writing only at the times when my relationship was at low points. In an attempt to record a fuller picture of my relationship, I have been recording other emotions (apart from frustrations) we have encountered.